Monday 31 January 2011

Final Draft of magazine interview.

HEADLINE
WALKIN' WITH BEKA


She's taken the nation by storm. Reaching number one with her first single 'walk with me' she has gone down a treat with everybody, being statistically the most tweated celeb her popularity is unbelievable. Today we are here in one of her favourite old traditional 'tea and biscuits cafe' for our exclusive interview with the new fresh and Glam artist;Beka. What's in store for us next we wonder?


She just sits casually sipping her tea from the striking bright red lips, wearing a vintage leopard print long jump suit accompanied by some lace up platform heels. She gives a cheeky smile and nibbles a bourbon biscuit as she waits for the interview to begin. 


Hey there Beka, so we've heard you've been being a bit of a party animal lately?
(laughs) I'm just like any ordinary late teen, we all like to go out and have a few drinks and a bit of fun, nothing too crazy about that.


You've been very busy with you're new album 'Walk With Me' how is it going?
It's been hectic, I've had so much going on it's mental, I'm having bags of fun with it though so it's all good. It will be out on December the 3rd, I'm so excited, check it out. Plus I've been all over the place doing it, it's been a good experience for me.


Exciting! Have you any other plans for the year?
Yes, I will be touring around the summer time starting July the 13th, I'm so nervous for that, yet so exciting. Lady GaGa and Paloma Faith will also be joining me as additional acts on my tour too, so thats something else for you all to look forward too. 


Ooh where are you touring?
All over England, I want to stay in the country for my first one, of course I will be touring in my hometown and have a great gig at the Camden Roundhouse to look forward too.


How is Simon Cowell as a Manage? are you enjoying working alongside him?
(smile) of course, Simon is amazing. He really is truly a great manager to have.


Have you always been into music?
Of course, I know most artists will say the same thing but from as long as I can remember I've loved music, it's my life. I did singing and dancing lessons from the age of three, Although I was vert shy as a child but i think you grow into it.


Do you have any Idols?
Of course; who doesn't? I adore Paloma Faith and Elisa Doolittle (she's a very good friend of mine) But i have always loved Beyonce, she's so ispirational, I like to think that there is a  little sacha fierce in al of us.


You have a very distinctive style as an artist, is that inspired by anybody?
(giggles) I have always loved fashion, it's a passion.. oh no that rhymed (laughs) but yeah I do have a few people who inspired the way i dress, again Paloma is one. I guess when you hit the shops and see something you like, you just but it. I adore Maddonas bravery in the way she dresses and i think lady GaGas theatrical style of dressing it fab!


Come on, do you have any fashion tips for us?
Vintage clothing is so fashionable at the moment, don't be afraid to mix it up and look different, just go for it. 


Where are you're favourite places to shop at?
I love all the mainstreet shops like Topshop and River Island but some of my particular favourite places to shop would have to be the shops in Manchester, one  favouraites is pop boutique, i also love afflecs palace and retro rehab! Although now i'm based down in L
ondon i have become fond of camden market, soho and any of those little shops there. My absoloute favouraite would deffinatley have to be Beyond retro - it's a massive warehouse in the east end and you can litteraly just spend hours in there. You cant neglect Oxfam and other charity shops though, some of my best finds are from there, i got an amazing vintage biba dress for £1.99 the other week, Bargain!!

What do you think of X-Factor and all these other singing competitions?
I don't like to slate them like some other artists have been known to, to be honest they are not really for me, but i think its down to personal choice, some of the artists from them have done really well.

Is there anything else you'd like to say?
Yeah that i love my parents and all my fans so much. Thank you to you all, you're all amazing and without you i wouldnt be who i am. Don't forget the album is out on December the 3rd and tickets for my tour will be on sale early next month, Enjoy.

Thanks for that Beka, we will look forward to it.
No thank you, it was my pleasure (smiles).










No comments:

Post a Comment